Thursday, December 30, 2010

Why oh why, Farah?

I remember the time when Main Hoon Na released. Skeptical and curious about a choreographer turning director, I was sitting at PVR Priya's with a bunch of as-crazy-as-you-get Shah Rukh Khan fans. Amidst the hooting and impromptu dancing, I had one of the best times ever in a movie hall. I came out with a spring in my step and still laughing aloud. Here was a director who spoke directly to me, shared my passion for old Hindi cinema, and cracked my kind of jokes.

And then came Om Shanti Om and I loved that one too. The jokes cracked me up again and the emotions got me all teary eyed.

So, needless to say there were lots of expectations from Tees Maar Khan. And all I am still left with after a day of watching it, is utter disbelief.

What happened to our shared sense of humour Farah? How and when did you cross the thin line and go to the other side of silly land? How did the dialogues of your movies which were so delightful turn into laboured lines of idiocy?

No, your film didn't entertain me, didn't make me laugh, didn't get me emotional and didn't do anything. It just made me gasp with disbelief that I could so dislike your movie.

No on second thoughts, there is something that touched me. Your obvious love and loyalty towards your husband Shirish Kunder.. Shirish is one lucky guy and I am one unlucky viewer.

1 comment:

  1. wow... Well not sure how did you tolerate her previous movies... i didnt like any stil had the courage to watch this one thinkin... she shall learn one day 'how to make movies' but was disappointed again.

    ReplyDelete